Coll Perske Photo and Art Contest
Photo | Art | Humor
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), longtime sponsor of the art contest is proud to do so again this year. Entries must be the work of IMATA members, and can have appeared elsewhere or have been submitted (but did not win) at a previous conference. Work will be judged in one of three categories, PHOTO, ART, or HUMOR using the following rules.
ART CONTEST RULES:
- Photographs, cartoons, or artwork must feature marine animals or be related to training activities.
- Any type of photography or artwork is acceptable: color or black and white prints, 35 mm slides, paintings, beadwork, sketches, woodwork, cartoons, logos, etc. Creative Work is Art!
- Entries should be submitted under the appropriate category and must be registered at the conference table.
- Contestant name, affiliation, and art category should be indicated on the back of each submission concealed from judges view.
- Once submitted, the chosen category cannot be changed.
- Each submission will be judged in only one category. For example, a humorous photograph could qualify for both the photography and the humor categories; however, the contestant must choose one or the other at the time of submission.
- There is no limit on the number of submissions.
ONE 1ST PLACE PRIZE OF $200 (USD) AND ONE 2ND PLACE PRIZE OF $100 (USD) WILL BE AWARDED FOR EACH CATEGORY.
- In the event NO artwork is submitted in a category, the 1st and 2nd place prizes will be awarded in another category as determined by the contest judge(s).
- If there is only one submission in a category, that entry will get 1st place prize for that category.
- If there are only two submissions in a category, one will win the 1st and one the 2nd place prizes.
AN ADDITIONAL $100 (USD) WILL BE AWARDED FOR BEST OVERALL.
- Contestants must be members of IMATA, but need not be present to win. Contestants not attending must send their artwork with a conference attendee who will register their artwork at the conference.
- Winners will be announced and awarded prizes during the live auction event, and contestants are responsible for reclaiming artwork after the judging has been completed.
© 2016 IMATA. All Rights Reserved